Monday, April 4, 2011

Three for my 3-year-old




Jacob's party was a blast. Even though the weather threatened to rain and storm on our fun, we decided to party anyway and I was glad we did. I had to make last-minute preparations for the rain and thought of having a kid play area in the garage. The kids had a blast with the sandbox in the garage. It turned out to be one of their favorites. Sand was everywhere but the kids had so much fun riding their motorcycles through dirt tracks and pouring sand in the dump truck that it was a joy to clean up. I don't think they could have as much fun as they did if they would have been outside.

Later after the party, I was trying to teach Jacob how to tell people that he is now three. It's was so cute to hear him say, "I'm wee years old." Big brother taught him how to hold up three of his fingers to show everyone his age. Because Jacob has trouble holding his pinkie down, Joseph told him to hold his middle finger down by saying, "like you would snap." I was thrilled at how smart both my boys are.


Happy Birthday, Jacob!

No comments: